What is Ganu?
The Ganu Kit is a computer you build on your own. You build and code it yourself, with simple steps, like LEGO. It’s a fun way to make, play and express your creativity with technology – designed for young people and the young at heart.
Who is Ganukit for and what ages?
Ganu kit is for kids and the young at heart! We've found it works especially well for children between the ages of 7 and 14.
What can kids make with Ganukit?
Kids are using the kit today to:
- Build a computer with plug-and-play pieces
- Code using Python, HTML and CSS
- Make music with code
- Create games using Scratch
- Make artworks and make virtual worlds in Minecraft
- Do homework, do maths, make documents
- Build electronics, servers, and website
- Get social with Ganu world.
Is adult supervision necessary when playing with Ganukit?
Some children between 6-8 years old may require parental supervision with reading the Ganukit Book, our friendly story book, and assembling elements of the kit. Children 8 years and older are proven to be quite self sufficient on their Ganukit!
Do parents need to know how to build a computer?
Absolutely not! Ganukit makes building a computer as simple and fun as Lego. No prior knowledge is needed. We provide a step-by-step storybook, the Ganukit Book to guide you. Even 81 year grandmothers have built Ganukit.
What’s inside the Ganukit kit?
The kit comes with 15 plug-and-play components including:
- A Raspberry Pi 2
- Wireless keyboard with multi-touch trackpad
- A Speaker with charging cable Green power cable with Type C power adapter
- Blue HDMI cable
- USB Wi-Fi dongle
- Ganukit OS memory card (8GB SDHC Class 10)
- Two illustrated story books: “Build a computer" and “Powers you have”
- Custom case to build the tower
- Bolts and studs for fixing
Does the Ganukit come with a mouse?
The Ganukit keyboard comes with a built in track pad that works as your mouse. It’s simple to use. You can also plug in your own mouse into the Ganukit’s USB port and it will work as normal.
Does Ganukit come with a Screen?
The Ganukit Kit does not come with a screen but it works with almost any TV or Monitor with an HDMI connection. It also works with older TV with the RCA cable connection as composite signal.